Local residents are being invited to join a 'virtual roadshow' to find out about the new North Yorkshire Council which is replacing Craven District Council from next year.
The district council - along with others in the county - will cease to exist from 1st April 2023.
Planning for the new North Yorkshire-wide unitary authority has been going on already, as it takes over responsibility for all council services currently looked after by North Yorkshire County Council as well as district council services such as planing, parking and waste collections.
The first of a series of online sessions - taking place on Monday 4th April - is aimed specifically at residents in Craven.
Speaking about the importance of the roadshows and of keeping everyone informed about the changes, Richard Flinton, Chief Executive for North Yorkshire County Council, said: “As we progress with our change and transformation, we want to reassure North Yorkshire residents that we are committed to keeping you informed and engaged along the way.
“We value your views and the roadshows will also help you answer any questions and allay any fears that you may have.”
He added: “This is an exciting moment for North Yorkshire and we are working with our district and borough colleagues and partners to ensure the very best outcomes for our local residents.
“In preparation for April 1st, 2023, we will continue taking the unitary conversation to residents, communities, the emergency services, our partners in health, education, and the voluntary sector. As well as to our members, our towns and parishes and our staff.”
Sessions are free and open to all residents living in North Yorkshire. They will be held via Teams Live between 6.30 and 8pm on:
- April 4th – Skipton and Ripon (Panel members: Paul Shevlin, Craven District Council Chief Executive; Wallace Sampson, Harrogate Borough Council Chief Executive and Neil Irving from NYCC)
- April 6th – Selby and Ainsty (Panel members: Janet Waggott, Selby District Council Chief Executive; Wallace Sampson and Neil Irving)
- April 12th – Harrogate and Knaresborough (Panel members: Wallace Sampson and Neil Irving)
- April 13th: Scarborough and Whitby (Panel members: Mike Greene, Scarborough Borough Council Chief Executive and Richard Flinton, Chief Executive of NYCC)
- April 14th – Thirsk and Malton (Panel members: Stacey Burlet, Chief Executive of Ryedale District Council and Richard Flinton NYCC)
- April 26th: Richmond (Panel members: Tony Clark, Chief Executive of Richmond District Council and Richard Flinton.
To attend the sessions or find out more information see northyorks.gov.uk/new-council-virtual-roadshows