New electric vehicle charging points have been installed in Silsden, Steeton and Haworth as part of Bradford Council's plans to make charging more accessible for local people.
The council says the expansion of infrastructure for EVs is part of its ambition towards net zero emissions to tackle climate change.
It's worked with contractor Blink Charging to design and install the new chargers, across 14 locations. This has been made possible by grant funding from the Office for Zero Emission Vehicles’ (OZEV) On-Street Residential Charge Point Scheme with some funding from the council.
Most of the sites has two or three Alfen fast chargers which can be used via the Blink-EB Go! App. Electricity will cost 39p/kWh.
Silsden's Wesley Place car park, Mill Lane in Steeton and the Gas Street car park in Haworth are the locations in our area where new chargers have recently been installed.
Bradford Council says it has now enabled public charging at 41 locations across the district.
Cllr Alex Ross-Shaw, Porfolio Holder for Regeneration, Planning and Transport, said: “These new charge points are a welcome addition to our EV charging network, which now means charge points at an additional 14 locations across our district.
“If we want people to switch to electric cars, it is vital that we make charging as accessible as possible, particular for those where installing a charge point at home is not possible, either due to cost of the lack of off-street parking.”
Alex Calnan, Managing Director Blink Charging UK, said: “This substantial further investment in the region’s EV charging network demonstrates the council’s impressive ambition to deliver better living conditions for local people, businesses and visitors alike.
“We feel honoured to have been chosen to support the council in this important work and excited by the contribution the charging network will make to the air quality and health of communities throughout the area.”
The 14 new locations are:
- Bute St parking bays BD2 1DH
- Library Car Park, Cowgill Street, Manningham BD8 7NS
- Eccleshill Rec car park, Mount Avenue BD2 2HY
- Gas Street car park, Haworth BD22 8NQ
- Jenny Lane car park, Baildon BD17 6RS
- Killinghall car park, Bradford BD2 4SJ
- Mill Lane layby, Steeton BD20 6NS
- Northcliffe Park layby, Cliffe Gardens, Shipley BD18 3DB
- St Pauls Church, St Pauls Road, Shipley BD18 3ER
- Victoria Street car park, Bingley BD16 2NH
- Wesley Place car park, Silsden BD20 0PH
- Wilsden Royd House car park, Main Street, Wilsden BD15 0AS
- Cottingley car park, Herbert Street, Cottingley BD16 1SF.