On Air Now

Nick Hancock

10:00am - Noon

Now Playing

Blondie

Maria

Christmas tree-cycling collections to benefit Manorlands Hospice again

Local organisations and businesses are teaming up again to collect and recycle Christmas trees in the New Year in return for a donation to Sue Ryder Manorlands Hospice.

Trees will be collected from local residents in our area between Saturday 6th January and Monday 15th January, with teams able to pick your tree up from outside the front of your property.

The trees will be recycled by being turned into compost or wood chippings that can be spread over local parks, gardens or landscaping projects, so residents who choose to Treecycle will not only be supporting Sue Ryder, but will also be helping reduce landfill.

From the collected Christmas trees, 60% will be chipped and used as fuel in a biofuel power station, with the other 40% used to create habitat piles which give game birds cover during the winter. 

Sue Ryder does not make any money from processing the trees, so your donations help the hospice at Oxenhope to continue its vital work.

The project is being supported again this year by Skipton Self Drive, Keighley Tree Services and Settle District of Young Farmers Clubs.

Collections are available in the following postcodes only: BD13, BD14, BD15, BD16, BD17, BD18, BD20, BD21, BD22, BD23, BD24, LS29, HX2, HX3 and HX7. Settle District of Young Farmers Clubs are also offering collections separately in BD24 postcode areas.

All decorations need to be removed and trees should be taken out of pots or off stands. Trees also need to be under 10ft tall.

If you want to take part in the scheme you need to register by Friday 5th January and then put your tree outside by 8am on 5th January and leave it outside until it is collected.

For more details and to book your treecycling collection, visit https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/sue-ryder-christmas-treecycling-airedale-wharfedale-and-the-dales-tickets-749904583797

Last year, Sue Ryder provided palliative care to thousands of families across the country, including from its Manorlands Hospice. Sue Ryder's bereavement support includes an online community forum, free bereavement counselling service, personalised text support and new Grief Kind Spaces in Bingley and Skipton.

With your kind donations, the charity is able to continue providing support for families in the local community through the toughest times of their lives, making sure that their final moments together are full of love.

If you'd be interested in volunteering your time to help with the tree collections you can contact the team on 01535 640430 or email manorlands.fundraising@sueryder.org.

Rombalds Radio apps



Today's weather

  • Skipton

    Heavy Rain

    High: 10°C | Low: 3°C

  • Ilkley

    Heavy Rain

    High: 9°C | Low: 4°C

  • Keighley

    Heavy Rain

    High: 9°C | Low: 3°C